Sunday, October 02, 2011

This day, I marry my best friend

Twelve years ago today, I married my best friend.


 We stood before our family and friends, his best guys and my best girls.  We stood before God, and we made a committment....


For better or for worse.
For richer or for poorer.
In sickness and in health.
Til death do us part.


 We've been there.
We've done that.

We've dealt with possible heart issues.
We've dealt with an unplanned mammogram.
We've dealt with a child in NICU.
We deal with financial strains.
We deal with daily life strains.
We deal with whatever uncertainty the Army brings.


Our promise to each other didn't end at the alter.
It didn't end when we cut the cake.
It didn't end leaving the church in the honeymoon getaway car.



Our promise is built on the Word of God.  With whatever life brings, we will depend on our Father to see us through. The good times and the bad. As long as we both shall live. Amen.

May our marriage bring glory to our Heavenly Father.

Happy Anniversary, Jeffrey. I love always and forever and ever. Amen.

I am looking forward to many more wonderful years of marriage! Can't wait to see what they will bring!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! I remember your wonderful day!!! It really doesn't seem like 12 years ago...we surely aren't getting that old, are we??
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy anniversary!!!! God bless you with many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, love it! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.