Friday, August 07, 2015

Five Minute Friday: HERE

We are gathered here at the Five Minute Friday Retreat. We've chatted, eaten, laughed, and applauded one another.  So now, before bedtime, I will spend five minutes writing, unedited, no overthinking, just writing.


HERE.


So often we are consumed by WHAT WE MUST DO to get the approval or love of others.

How do I get people to like me? How do I keep my friends?  How should I act? What should I say so I don't offend anyone?

We go there to their world.  We act like we believe what they believe.  We do what they do.  All to be accepted.

But God's not like that.  We don't have to go "there" for Him.  He meets us HERE, right where we are.

What an amazing gift that is.

You see, I will never be good enough.

I will never be holy enough.

I will always be imperfect

cracked

scratched

broken

sinful

whatever you want to call it.

And that's ok.  He meets me here where I am, in my brokenness and loves me anyway.

Thank you God for that gift.

Thank you for not requiring anything of me other than surrender.



3 comments:

  1. So very true...So thankful that He meets us in the Here...because without Him we wouldn't make it ever. Dropping in from FMF ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surrender is all that He asks. Sometimes all that I have to give Him is my weak yes. But He takes that and builds upon it. Thankful to have stopped by from the Five Minute Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.