Friday, October 26, 2012

D-Day

Today was supposed to have been Jeff's deployment day. 

I breathe easily because the deployment did not happen. 

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was give thanks to God for allowing my husband to be home with me and our boys. 

Instead of seeing my husband off, I went on a field trip with Carter.  As we left, it was raining and just overall yucky. I just had to think out loud, "If I had to say good bye on a day like to day, it would have been even more difficult.  No sunshine. No blue sky.  Rain. Cold. Windy. 

But honestly, a warm sunshiny day would not have made it any easier!  Its just that on a rough day, you don't want your entire environment to be rough too. You know what I mean?

As I type this, I am well aware that Jeff could get orders next year, next month, next week, tomorrow.  I know that at any moment, our world could be turned upside down. 

I also know that the Lord is my Strong Tower!  When I am week, He is Strong!  When I can't, He can! 

I love my Heavenly Father and I know that he is with me, watching over me every moment of every day.  For that I am thankful. 

I know that whatever He places before us, He will not allow us to go at it alone. He will be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.