Wednesday, July 06, 2011

That Voice

Way back in the spring, we met with Carson's preschool teacher for our parent teacher conference.  One thing we asked was about his voice level.  You see, at home, Carson has two voice levels: loud and louder.

We found ourselves shushing him quite a bit. 

Then came this book:


Carson got it in the mail through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library. Immediately, we read it.  My heart broke.  The little boy in the book reminded me of my Carson, hence the name: Holler Loudly. So, I vowed right there to be more patient with his voice, a voice I have learned to cherish, a voice I know I will miss someday.

I am blessed to have a child who, in his own words, "TALKS IN CAPITAL LETTERS!"



1 comment:

  1. I love it! We also have a loud one. Her nickname is screechy. Her constant banshee call makes me crazy, but I've learned to accept it....mostly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.