Friday, June 03, 2011

Why this study?

Monday starts the beginning of my new Bible Study: Tour of Duty: Preparing Our Hearts for Deployment.





You may be wondering why I'm doing this study. Are we facing deployment? Is there news I haven't shared with you?

No. 

When I saw this study, I felt drawn to it.  Being in my position (not the sharpest tool in the shed, deer in the headlights look), I felt that this study could do a few of things:

1. Bring me closer to God
2. Prepare my heart in case we are faced with deployment in the future
3. Connect me with others

One thing I have mentioned before about being a "Reserves" wife is that sometimes I feel left out.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I love my life. I love the way things are.  I don't wish a deployment on us ever.  I only want to make a connection with other military wives.  I want to be prepared for that JUST IN CASE.  I want to strengthen my relationship with my Father.  What better way to do those things than through this study. I want to learn.  I want to be a part of something bigger than me.

This blog has opened doors for me.  Not only have I been able to express myself and share my life, but I've met some wonderful "friends."  I told my husband the other day that there is something about the connection you have with others here.  When I heard the news of devastation in Tuscaloosa, I immediately thought of Kathleen.  I found joy in "celebrating" the birth of CrazyMum's baby.  I am encouraged by the sweetness of Cole.  I've felt privileged to "watch" Nicole grow in her relationship with God.  I am able to share my faith and my experiences with others in hopes of them knowing God better.  I found a way to get women involved in a Bible study when probably they (and me too) would never have done it themselves. I was given the opportunity to review an awesome book.

God is using this blog in so many ways.  Not me. Him.

What better way to honor Him, to grow in wisdom, to serve, to learn, than to do this study?  I am honored to be a part of it. 

When I first started this blog, I made this comment:
I pray that as I use this blog, that God may break off my weak branches to make me stronger in Him. I pray that my words would inspire each of you to allow God to do wonders in your lives.

I hope that that is what this blog is doing for you.  I feel I have changed in so many ways in the past couple of years. For those that know me personally, I hope you can attest to that change. We all make mistakes, I still do, always will, but all in all I hope I am on the path to becoming the woman God has planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.