Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Welcome

Ok, thanks to my friend Kim, I have become quite addicted to reading blogs. So, for the last few months, I've been going back and forth about starting my own. What would I say? Who would read it? Do I have time? Well, a few nights ago, God told me I wasn't going to start a blog if I didn't spend more time with Him. I agreed. After all, He is most important.

So, I decided to start a study group. My mother-in-law got me Esther: Its Tough Being a Woman by Beth Moore for Christmas. With my kids being sick and me going back to work, I hadn't found time to get started on it. Let me add that I was totally intimidated by the book. I thumbed through it several times and just felt overwhelmed. The other day, I called my BFF Hilarie and asked her if she would like to do the study with me. She agreed and our group of two has grown to six.


I decided to go ahead and start my blog to go along with the study. I will share with you how God speaks to me through this study and through our group gatherings. Please PRAY for us as we journey through this. I am excited about spending time with these special ladies.


On another note.....
This morning, I woke up to lots of ICE. It was beautiful! The first thing I saw was a tree branch falling across the street. I thought of how God works to mold us. Our lives are so busy. I should know....a mother of two, a wife, a teacher, a soccer mom (who thanks to my husband was voted to be the 4yr old soccer commissioner), a Relay for Life team captain and committee member, writing cluster leader (ultimately responsible for all those 4th grade writing portfolios - YUCK)....and my list goes on. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to stopping and LISTENING to God. Yes, I talk to him, but LISTENING is not my best strong suit. I'm getting better. Anyway, because we are so busy, we don't listen to God. We don't allow Him to mold us into what HE wants us to become. Sometimes we must be "frozen" like those trees and have Him break off our weak branches. We need to slow down and let Him work. (oh, another branch just fell)

Now, why the title A Life Worth Living? I honestly love my life. NO! It is not perfect, but it is mine and God has definitely blessed me. Throughout my entries, I'll tell you about some of those many blessings. God chose me. He has a plan for me, for my husband, and my children. He put us together for a reason. Everything I am, everything I have is because of HIM. My life is a wonderful life.


I pray that as I use this blog, that God may break off my weak branches to make me stronger in Him. I pray that my words would inspire each of you to allow God to do wonders in your lives.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so excited to have you join in the blogging world! I can't wait for our Bible study together and to grow more for God together! You are a great friend and I am so fortunate that God let our paths cross!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.