Saturday, January 31, 2009

Godly Thoughts

As I read from my Billy Graham devotional a bit ago, I thought about our upcoming Bible study and something that Colin said last night. Romans 12:2 says to Be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Although Colin is only 6 years old, he can sometimes be pretty deep in thought.

Last night as we were coming home with his new Back to the Future "Marty" shoes, we talked about the phases of the moon and how difficult it is for me to teach that to my kids because they can't grasp "space." Colin then said God is in control of everything, even our minds. I agreed with him without pointing out that we have to LET Him control our minds. Well, part of that is what we occupy our time with. In the past, I have got caught up in sin (gossiping to be specific) due to the company I kept. As I have grown in my Christian walk, my circle of friends has changed. The sin that was so easy to take control of me is now easier for me to recognize and say, "Hey, this isn't right." My husband and I have mentioned before how our friendships have changed due to our growth as Christians.

I ask that you pray for this Bible study and the renewing of our minds as we study God's Word, pray, and fellowship together. May our time be filled with Godly thoughts, and may we allow God to have complete reign in our lives.

PLEASE feel free to complete this study along with us. Even if you can't be here in person, leave comments and we can discuss further.

1 comment:

  1. I am more excited each day! Can't wait for Monday - I hope it doesn't snow so we don't have to cancel. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.