Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Party Central

I have to tell ya, I love a good get together: lots of snacks, Dr. Pepper, Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit. Did I mention snacks? This Xerxes, he had it down pat. Throwing a party for 180 days and then adding a seven day feast on top of that. Whew! I couldn't do it. At the end of the day, I'm ready to say, "Goodnight!" This poor guy should have known if you party too much, you're bound to run into drama!

Before I get to far ahead, let me back up......

Beth Moore asked, "What are you hoping for as you begin this Bible study?" My answer...I want to become closer to God, to see myself full of goodness and filled with knowledge (Romans 15:4). I want to find strength as a woman, mother, and wife.

Beth Moore stated in Day 1: "Life here is full of trouble whether in small annoyances or an earth-splitting canyon of crisis. No life is free of trouble." Just ask Job.

Personally, I think we have to decide on how we are going to handle those small annoyances and crisis. If we allow God to work in us, "He will write our lives into His story and every last one of them will turn out to be a great read. With a grand ending."

In Day 2, we see Xerxes showing off his wealth. Boy, that will get you into trouble right there. Psalm 49:6-20 reminds us that we can't take our riches with us when we go, and they definitely can't redeem our souls.

We all need to remember that without our Father in Heaven, we are nothing. He created all things. He deserves all praise, honor, and glory. We can never understand true beauty and strength until we are found in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.