Friday, June 26, 2009

Finally Friday

This week has been busy. We celebrated Father's Day by visiting my dad and Jeffrey's dad. After church we all went to eat Mexican.


Carson was so funny that night. He hugged me at bed time and said, "Happy Fadder's Day, Mama." It was precious.

Sunday afternoon, I went to church to decorate for VBS. Afterwards, we went swimming and played in the yard with the kids. I was pushing Colin on the swing and the chain broke. He went flying in the air and landed on his side and his face. Thank God he was only bruised on his cheek. He got a new swing out of the deal! Carson is sure to tell everyone, "And Mama was pushing Bubba way up high!"




Monday morning we were off to VBS. I taught missions this year instead of an age group. I really enjoyed it. Usually I teach the 3rd and 4th graders, but felt like I needed a change this summer. I was sad about not having a group to present certificates too during our closing ceremony. But then, I was asked to fill in for Hilarie today so I got to present to her class. All the boys and girls were great. It was such a blessing to work with them. They were into the lessons and asking some great questions. VBS is a great way to start planting those seeds!


I really love VBS. The themes we've used are great and seem to get better each year. I especially like the music. They are simple but at the same time, so true. There was a song we sang this year called All Things and it is based on Philippians 4:13. When I heard it on Monday, it almost brought me to tears. It served as a reminder that in all things I will praise Him; in all things I will trust Him; in all things I will love Him, and in all things I will obey Him. That song is so connected to the theme because ALL things come back to Jesus.


There are some kids who have been coming to VBS every year, but their parents are not "interested" in attending church. The kids love church and want to be part of it. Please pray for them and their families, for God to touch their hearts in this matter.


For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; He is to be feared above all gods. 1 Chronicles 16:25







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.