Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Just Do It

There is a sign at the First Baptist Church where Carson goes to daycare that reads, "Time is precious; spend it wisely."

So my question to you is.....

What are you waiting for?

Are you waiting for all the bills to be paid off?

Are you waiting for the kids to get older?

Are you waiting for......?

This list could go on.

If there is one thing I've learned, it is that life is short and you need to enjoy it. God blesses you each day that you wake up. He has blessed you with Creation. He has blessed you with your health, your job, your friends, your family. Look around at all that you have.

So many people walk around with a frown. They won't spend a dime on a piece of Key Lime pie for dessert at a restaurant. They won't swallow their pride and say, "I'm sorry."

We weren't made to live with regrets. When I come to the end of my life, I want to know that I did everything I could to leave a legacy. A legacy with my family, my friends, my church, strangers who never knew me personally. I want my family and friends to know the real me, not the afraid to show my real self me. I want to know that I took advantage of every opportunity that God placed before me to make a difference.

We get one chance at life here on this earth. We should do something with it. Allowing God to be the center of our lives will ensure that we have hope and have left a legacy of hope with others.

Please don't waste your time with things that don't matter. Glenda reminds us each Sunday to lay up our treasures in heaven. Make a difference in someone's life today. If you haven't opened your heart to Jesus, that is the first thing to do. Then decide to live out His will in your life. You'll be a new person and those around you will want that for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.