Monday, January 25, 2016

52 Books in 52 Weeks: Book 3

Today, I feel like Dora the Explorer. So here's a little song for you.





I finished book 3 of the 52 Books in 52 Weeks Reading Challenge.....

War and Peace: A book with more than 600 pages.


I started this book back in 2015 and was going to put it under the category "a book with antonyms in the title.  However,  I lost it in our summer move and just recently picked it back up.  But it is finished!  And NO, I don't feel guilty for including it in this year's challenge.


This book was HUGE.

Intimidating.

But over all

really good.

It was action packed.

Included a love story or two or three or.....well, lots of love stories and triangles.

All in all, I've come to realize this.....

The characters in this book are like many of us.....

wanting to love and be loved and wanting to be a part of something bigger than ourselves, searching for that one thing that makes us whole. And what some of the characters found out was that something is the love of Christ.

Now that is not something I expected from this book, but it is spot on.

So, now that this book is finished, I can eagerly finish the miniseries and explain to my husband what's going on (because I read the book and understand it).


And on to something lighter.....much lighter!

How's your reading going?  I'd love to hear about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.