Wednesday, June 03, 2015

I'm a Christian

Yes, I am a Christian.  A Christ Follower. A Child of God.  Whatever you want to call it.

I made the choice to surrender my life to Jesus Christ.

I believe in the Bible. I believe the Bible.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

I believe that Jesus lived a perfect life.

I believe that Jesus Christ was crucified on a cross for my sins.

I believe that Jesus was buried in a tomb that was sealed with a large stone.

I believe the that three days later, Jesus Christ rose from the grave.

I believe that Jesus Christ is alive today.

Although I am a Christian, a believer, again, whatever you want to call it, I am also a sinner.

I am not perfect. I will never claim to be. I mess up every day. Just ask those who know me.

Having said all of this, I also want to say that I am tired.

I am tired of Christians being criticized for being Christians.

I am tired of reading and hearing how ALL Christians are racist and bigots and hypocrites and haters.

That simply is not true.

ALL
NEVER
ALWAYS
EVERY ONE
NO ONE
EVERY TIME

Those, My Friend, are dangerous words.

Can I ask you a few questions?

If you don't approve of alcohol, but you see someone drinking a beer or a glass of wine, does that make you a hater?

If you smoke cigarettes, but get upset with your teenager for doing the same thing, does that make you a hypocrite?

If you disagree with your coworkers political preference, does that you a bigot?

I can ask the tough questions, but I won't go there because I think you know what I am getting at.

I'm not vocal about my political beliefs or my opinion of homosexuality.  My opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. If I disagree with you, that's what it is....a disagreement.  I am not judging you. NOT ALL Christians are judging you.  They are simply saying, "I don't agree with you."

Is that wrong?  Is it wrong to not agree with someone?  Does disagreeing make us bigots and racists and hypocrites and haters?

If it does, then we should all move to a little shack in the middle of no where and avoid human contact.

Seriously.

Who said we have to agree?  Who said we all have to be the same? Who said we all have to be alike?

I'm married. My husband and I don't agree on everything.  We don't hate each other.

I have three kids. They don't agree with me A LOT of the time. They think my rules are unfair. We don't hate each other.

I don't agree with my coworkers some times.  I don't agree with my church family some times. I don't hate them.

What matters in the grand scheme of things?

LOVE.

Whether you are a Christian or an atheist or a Muslim or whatever you are.....LOVE. When you agree, love. When you disagree, love.

In my little corner of the world, we call it Love the Sinner not the Sin. 

I can disagree with you and still love you. And just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I hate you.

Seriously.

It is possible. I live it every day.

You tell me that we live in America and have the right to express our opinions, but when Christians speak up, we are immediately told we are pushing our religion and beliefs on others and that we don't have the right to say what we believe and we are being judgmental hypocrites filled with hate.  That's a little harsh isn't it??? Just because we disagree.  Is that fair?

In the grand scheme of things, I am responsible for me and my actions.  I believe that we are all going to stand in judgement before God.  I don't have time to judge you.  I have my own sins to work on.  I just ask that the next time a Christian says, "I don't agree with you," that you will leave it at that and don't accuse ALL Christians of being judgmental hypocrites who hate those that don't share their beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.