Friday, June 05, 2015

Five Minute Friday: Gift

"Life's a gift, and I don't intend to waste it."  Those are the words spoken by Jack Dawson as he dined with the first class passengers in Titantic.

What great words those are!

God's Word says that every good and perfect gift is from above and that's exactly what life is.  A good and perfect gift.

Not everything about our lives is good and perfect.  I know this from my own life and especially from the lives of those that I love that are struggling.

My sweet friend who is battling brain cancer sent me a text the other night.  Although she was at low place at that moment, our conversation was a gift.  She will never realize what a special person she is to me.  A true gift from God.

I love her. I admire her. I am blessed by her. I am thankful for her.

Although she is struggling, fighting this fight that no young mother should ever have to fight, I just have to believe, and encourage her to believe, that this difficult journey is also a gift in itself.  We may never truly understand or see the goodness in her journey, but I do know that she is changing lives.  Mine included.

When I look back on my life, I want to know that I didn't waste it.  During those mountaintop moments and in my darkest valleys, I want to take advantage of the gift of life and live it to the fullest.  The Bible speaks of the Valley of Blessings. And I think that's what we have to do in order to get through our valleys, our struggles, is to see that all though they are difficult, they are also blessings.  Difficult, I know, but God's will, His plan....it's perfect.


"Here's to making it count!"


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your friend as well as a great reminder to look at each moment as a gift!
    "And I think that's what we have to do in order to get through our valleys, our struggles, is to see that all though they are difficult, they are also blessings." (reminded me of the Laura Story song, "Blessings") Perhaps that was in your mind too!
    ~visiting from #fmfparty at #80 this week.
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I love the Jack Dawson quote. Motivates me to watch The Titanic again. So sorry to hear of your friend's battle with cancer; I hope she'll beat it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.