Thursday, September 29, 2016

What's all the Hype About?



A few years ago, I came across this thing called Five Minute Friday.  It was this online writing community of amazing people.  I found it hard to believe they were able to write such awesomeness in a matter of five minutes.  There's no way I could ever do anything like that, I thought.

But then, one day.....

I wrote.

For five minutes flat.



Stay
As we cuddled on the couch admiring our Christmas tree, I longed to stay in that moment.

With your arms around me.

The quiet.

The two of us.

Our children fast asleep in their beds.

As I heard your alarm go off this morning, I longed for you to stay in bed longer, pushing aside what had to be done today.  I climbed back into bed with you, hitting snooze. I wanted to stay that way.

As I think about what is about to come, the "going" you must do, I am reminded that we are not called to stay, but rather to go. We are called to make disciples of all nations. We are called to go to the outermost parts, just as you reminded us in your sermon Wednesday night.

Some people actually go, while others of us stay behind.  Whatever the case, I will stay strong, growing in the Lord, making you proud, being the wife I have been called to be. I will stay with arms wide open.


That day, the words came to me. I saw how it was done.

That day, I knew I could do anything because I had just said goodbye to my husband as he left for war.  Nothing could be any scarier or more difficult than that.

So, I looked at Five Minute Friday as my comfort blanket.  I had such a love for words, and this community allowed me to express myself.  Strangers would stop by the blog to read what I had to say.  My heart was touched when they found comfort in my words, when my words were what they needed to hear.

During a difficult time, the Five Minute Friday community became my people.  Online relationships grew. We encouraged each other each week.  My confidence grew because of these amazing people.  This boost led me to do something I never imagined I would do......


The Five Minute Friday Retreat....Yep, a weekend getaway with online friends and strangers who quickly became friends. Laughter, tears, writing, bible study, sunrises, coffee, and bacon. All of my favorite things.

So the hype is about this.....

Five minutes can change your life.

Five minutes can strengthen and encourage you.

Five minutes can touch the heart of a stranger in amazing ways.

Five minutes.

Words are power.  How we use them is of utmost importance. You know...words are like toothpaste. Once you speak them, you can never put them back where they came from.

So, that's what the hype is about.


And why am I promoting this book?

Because I love this community, and I want you to be a part of it.  I want to share with you the people and words who have changed me, loved me, and encouraged me.

If you want to be a part of this community, I encourage you to get a copy of the book. You can order at Amazon or by clicking here.  You can also leave a comment below to enter to win a copy.




2 comments:

  1. Natasha,
    I loved reading this. Honestly, it brought a tear to my eye and a smile on my face all at the same time. Your first 5 minute story was very touching and I love the fact that God was able to lead you to a healthy outlet. I have seen so many marriages fall apart during deployments or any stressors for that matter due to not having a healthy way to release emotions. Way to allow God to use you as a vessel to reach out and comfort, sympathize, and be a sounding board for others. I am sure that many woman have been able to keep their heads up just knowing that someone else out there can relate to what they're going through.
    Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha,
    I loved reading this. Honestly, it brought a tear to my eye and a smile on my face all at the same time. Your first 5 minute story was very touching and I love the fact that God was able to lead you to a healthy outlet. I have seen so many marriages fall apart during deployments or any stressors for that matter due to not having a healthy way to release emotions. Way to allow God to use you as a vessel to reach out and comfort, sympathize, and be a sounding board for others. I am sure that many woman have been able to keep their heads up just knowing that someone else out there can relate to what they're going through.
    Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.