Friday, April 04, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Writer



When I grow up, I want to be a writer.  I am so in love with words.  When I hear songs like Speak Life and The Words I Would Say, I am reminded about the power of words.  When I read scripture, and I am still and quite, I hear God's voice, I feel Him changing me.  When I speak words to others, I can smile that I uplifted them. Sometimes I cringe because I can't believe the words that just came from my mouth. 

But words.  I do love them.

We all have story to tell.  We have words to spill from our souls to share with the world.  We can use these words, whether we have a desire to be a writer or not, and we can change the world. One story at a time.

Homeless. Tell your story.
Recovering addict. Tell your story.
Military. Tell your story.
Abused. Tell your story.
Worst mom ever. Tell your story.

Your story can change lives.

Tell the story of Jesus.  Tell of His grace and love and mercy. That, my friends, is life changing.  It is a story that needs to be told over and over and over....

This blog, this simple online place, it allows me to be a writer.  It allows me to use words that will hopefully be a lifesaver to someone.  To share my story, what God has done for me, that's the whole purpose here. I made a deal with God.  I would use this space to glorify Him. If I didn't have time to spend with Him, I wouldn't spend time here.  He is why I tell my story. He is why I want to be a writer when I grow up.

STOP
Five Minute Friday
Thank you so much, Lisa-Jo, for providing this time for me to be a writer.  If anyone else wants to join in for five minutes each Friday, just click on over to Lisa-Jo's to find out how.  Oh, and she wrote a book.  I have my copy waiting for me on the table. Just have to finish another before I start!
Lisa-Jo Baker

2 comments:

  1. Jesus' grace, mercy and love are life-changing. Telling our stories of how that comes to pass in our lives is glorifying to him and brings us all together in our mess. Thanks for these encouraging words today. -Your FMF neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how God uses all our stories!! He is so good! Thank you for sharing today! Not only do I love your beautiful blog background but your words are wonderful! Thank you for stopping by my blog as well. May God continue to use our words for His glory!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.