Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Housework vs Children

So lately I have been stressed out.

My house is a mess. 

Yes.

A mess.

We are well into baseball season. We are at the park either practicing or having a game about 3 days per week.  We are at church 2 days a week. And I have after school meetings 2-3 days a week. Sometimes all of these happen on the same day! 

On the days we have nothing to do, we usually find something to get into.  Playing in the yard. Riding the four wheeler. Hitting up Sam's Club.

Needless to say that housework gets put on the back burner.

The other day Colin said, "Mama, I am so mad at you." Why? He couldn't find any clean socks.  I proceeded to inform him that they were clean and in the rocking chair.  Then Carson proceeds to tell me that I never do laundry or was dishes anymore. They were really letting me have it.

So, with my feelings hurt, I told them I would start staying home from their ballgames and we could even quit all after school activities altogether and spend all of our free time cleaning.

That one didn't fly too well.

Moving on to the next day....

One of our baseball players said his mom was home napping (missing another game) because she was so tired from working and doing housework.

So, what is my point?

My family comes first.

I find my joy in being with my children. I don't want to miss out on their lives. I want to be a part of everything they do.

Dirty clothes will always be there.

Dishes will continue to fill the sink.

My babies, however, are growing and changing everyday.  I am not promised tomorrow with them, so I must make the most of today.




1 comment:

  1. Amen I agree. Dishes will always be there waiting to be washed. Precious children just keep growing. Any minute with them is more precious than a clean dish or sock.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.