Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Wives of Faith Military Family Gratitude Day 3: Health

What a blessing it is to be healthy!  I think sometimes we take it for granted.  There is so much that could happen with our health.

About 5 years ago, I had a lot of tenderness in my breast. I was scared. I didn't want to hear the C word.  But finally I went to the doctor. At 32, I had my first mammogram.  I heard a different C word: caffeine.  Yes, folks. My caffeine intake was too high and that's what caused the tenderness.

While my husband was deployed, I came down with Fifth's disease after my oldest son got it.  I was so miserable, but I know it could have been so much worse. Fever and swelling. I had myself self-diagnosed with a blood clot in the leg.  My advice: Don't self diagnose on WebMD. Ever.

My children and husband remain healthy as well.  We've had many scares along the way from asthma to food allergy reactions and from growing pains to a minor knee surgery.  I am thankful each day for our health.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.