Saturday, May 03, 2014

Five Minute Friday: MESS

Five Minute Friday

It's Saturday afternoon, so you know what that means.....Time for a little Five Minute Friday.  The rules can be found at Lisa-Jo's.  You can also join in there as well!  Today's word.....MESS.

Go:

Excuse the mess, but we live here.  Walk into my home today, or most days, and you will find a few piles of mail not yet gone through.  These kids that live here strip in the living room, so you are bound to find socks, underwear, and pajamas that have been tossed to the side.

Working full time, being involved in church, the community, and sports, we have little time to think about cleaning the house.  And less energy to actually do it!

When there is time, I'd rather spend it with my kids, read, or relax (maybe take part in a little blogging).  I am blessed to have this mess.  We have plenty of clothes to dirty up. We've had a decent meal to create dirty dishes.  We have companionship found in our pets.  We have toys to play with.

Things don't always go back in their place. They will....eventually.....maybe. But today, we are going to enjoy our time together.  We can always clean later.

You know....that pile of never ending laundry will always be there!  Today, I will just enjoy my family.

STOP.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from FMF - loved reading about your mess. Great perspective to just enjoy and be grateful...an area I could stand to grow in. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you put being a mom first. What a wonderful mess!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.