Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Here and There

And everywhere.

That's what I feel like. Like I've been around the world.  Where have I been?  I've been here.  At home. Unless you count our trip to Huntsville for Space Camp.  Other than that, we've been hanging out, being bums, enjoying our time together.

Jeff was invited to preach at a neighboring church. Their pastor had surgery, and they needed someone to fill in for him.  It was a great experience for us. The people there are very welcoming and loving. The first Sunday we visited was potluck.  Southern Baptist. Food. Potluck.  Yum!

Now, this week he will be filling in for our pastor who is on vacation.  Bible study tonight. Worship service Sunday morning and evening.  If you are around these parts, stop by!  Sunday night, he will speak about his ministry in Afghanistan. 

We are still praying over active duty.  We think we know what God wants.  We aren't sure if we are comfortable with it.  So, praying. Lots of praying.  I'll support Jeff's decision.  I don't want him to look back and regret not going for it.  It is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and neither of us are getting any younger!  I think its funny that as we pray for God to reveal his will for us that we read scripture, read a book passage, hear a song, or have a conversation that points us in the right direction and then fear sets in.  But I know he did not instill in us a heart of fear. That he has plans to help us, not hurt us. But still, discerning the will of God is difficult.  We want to do the right thing.

As for me, I feel like I want to do more.  Currently, I am working on a Bible Study Curriculum for Wives of Faith.  I am finally (hopefully) getting on a schedule to focus on it more.  I am helping Wives of Faith founder/author/all around great gal Sara Horn promote her new book, My So-Called Life as a Submissive Wife.  I am reading My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife too.  But still, I am feeling like there is more I need to be doing.  I was approached at the end of the school year about starting a prayer group at school.  That has me thinking about some possibilities.  Active Duty has me thinking too. 

I can picture myself in several situations, but I don't know what I am supposed to do.  Sometimes I just wish God would speak audibly and tell me what I'm supposed to do.  That would make things so much easier. 

One thing I am working on is being a better mom.  Adolescence and puberty are rampant at my house.  Being a mom of three boys can be a grueling calling. Seriously, the first words to me one morning were, "Butt stinks." Yeah, I love you too, kid! I have an (almost) 11 year old who thinks he is grown and knows everything. I have a 3 year old who thinks he is unstoppable and just as big as his brothers. I have a 7 year old that is learning some bad attitude from his mom and older brother.  Something has to give before I am totally gray before I'm 36.  So, I got the Love Dare for Parents.  I also have another book that I was supposed to do a book review on and haven't gotten around to it, Upside-Down Prayers for Parents, that I will be reading. Who knows. Maybe I will write a book about my journey to be a better mom! 

As you can see, I am here and there.  Things going on everywhere.  But as disorderly as life is right now, I have managed to potty train a toddler. That's progress. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.