Sunday, September 30, 2012

What is on my mind...

I would appreciate you being in prayer for my friend Tiffany.  I received a message from her that her brain tumor has grown bigger and chemo may be the next step.  She began blogging about her journey, but between surgery and wedding planning, that got put on the back burner.  Tiffany is a fighter, an amazing young woman.  Please, just pray for healing if that be God's will. 

I am thankful that it is Fall Break for us.  We are in much need of rest. These allergies are about to get me and now I think Carter has a touch of something.  This morning I thought we had a seal in the house. You moms know what that means!  So, I am home with a coughing seal/kid.

Jeff and I will celebrate our 13th anniversary on Tuesday.  I am so blessed to have him in my life. He is an amazing husband, a wonderful father, a remarkable man.  I can't believe how God has worked in his life these last few years.  I support him 100% in whatever God calls him to do.

Speaking of being called, we are in the midst of an Army roller coaster.  We are getting yes's and no's, and it is very exhausting.  When you get news and you prepare yourself for what is to come, and then you get other news that is the total opposite of what you were just told a week prior....well, it is frustrating and exhausting.  So please, pray for us and that God is in control of this situation.  We are open to what God wants us to do.  We knew what we were getting into when Jeff took his oath. I don't wish my husband away.  And I don't deny the fact that those called to the military know they have a mission, regardless of their rank or job.  I do know that my heart is for my husband and my job is to support him and what he is called to do. 

I have found out recently (or realized) that I secretly like being a leader.  So please dont' tell anyone!  I was asked to fill in for someone who couldn't attend a training and enjoyed the new stuff I learned and started brainstorming ways to use it and share it (Emily is probably thinking "I told you so!"). 

And on the subject of leading, I volunteered to be one of the new coaches for the Robotics team.  Like I needed one more thing to do! But it is for the kids.  It will be worth it.  I am also considering leading a new Bible study.  Has anyone ever heard of the Coffee Cup Bible Studies?  I would love to hear your thoughts on them if you have.  I read a friendship post on (in)courage once that gave me a great idea for a prayer group, but never did it. I think I can incorporate that idea with this Bible study series.

Here's to a fabulous fall Sunday. Hope the weather is nice where you are.  Get out and enjoy it with someone you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.