Monday, January 16, 2012

The Frazzled Female Bible Study: Week 1

According to dictionary.com, frazzled means worn out; fatigued.

Does that sound like any of you?  I definitely fall into that category.

This past week, I began my journey with The Frazzled Female: Finding Peace in the Midst of Daily Life Bible study by Cindi Wood.

So, I will tell you, it has been a journey so far, trying to find peace when your almost two year old has decided to quit sleeping and you are coming down with something days before you lead the study in front of a larger than you imagined group of fine Christian women!

Whew! OK, girl, breathe!

But doing the first week's study, God has spoken to me (and if you let Him, He will speak to you too).  We must first make time for Him.  This is something He has really been after me about. 

Our first assignment for this week was a DEFRAZZLER: find a spot where you can rendezvous with the Lord each day.  Here is mine:
Now, it doesn't always look this good and I usually don't sit there alone. I don't even rendezvous at the same time each day. But it is my space.

Where do you go to spend time with the Lord each day?
As I continued my study this week, I came to realize that EVERYTHING I need comes from the Lord.  I just have to put Him first.

At the beginning of the week, we read about Mary and Martha (Luke 10:38-42).  I had first learned of these sisters during my first Bible study as a very new Christian. I was much like Martha. When people came to my house, I wanted to make sure that everything was as good as it could be.  When guests arrived, I would rush around making sure everyone was taken care of, the food was ready, and do whatever else needed doing.  I didn't take the time to talk with my guests like I needed to, to learn about them, become intimate with them.  Now, I am trying to be more like Mary, putting the important thing first. Jesus is the most important thing. 

And I think this story of Mary and Martha fits nicely with the closing scripture for the week, Colossians 2:1-7, specifically verses 6 and 7:

 I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally.  My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,  in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.  For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.  So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,  rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

I like to think that Mary was rooted in Jesus; she lived her life in Him by sitting at his feet. Therefore, her faith was strengthened.

That's how I want to be. 

Yes, I am the mom of 3 boys (the reason why I have been working on this post for about 3 hours now). I work fulltime. I have afterschool work responsiblities with my job. I teach Sunday school. My two big boys are playing basketball and have afterschool responsibilities as well. I have a toddler who decided 2 months ago not to sleep anymore.  Now add in all of my regular mom and wife duties. Many times we live out of clean clothes baskets and from drive through restaurants. I often don't spend time with my husband like I need to and can quickly lose my temper with my kids. 

Yes, I am frazzled, but if I stay rooted in the Lord and stay intimate with Him, then He will give me the strength I need to get through my daily life. He can give me peace. I must however acknowledge His desire for me and sit still long enough to hear Him speak to my heart.

I hope that you will join me on this journey of finding peace in the midst of everyday life.  I would love to hear from you if you are. 

There is so much more that I wish to say, but I've already unclogged the toilet this morning of sippy cups and sippy cup tops, broke up several fights, and caught a toddler do flips off the couch.

Tonight, I meet with a wonderful group of ladies at church, ladies in all seasons of life. Although I am the group "leader," I know that I will learn so much for them.  I can't wait to let you know how it goes! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. :). I have a tract written by Nancy Leigh Demoss and I pick it up from time to time as a weapon against the enemy. It reveals his tactics against women. Truth is I have suffered a spiritual attack/ warefare by unseen things. I live alone my daughter is gone most of the time.Therefore my suffering has been me fighting an unseen thing. I am frazzled 4 years its long enough.I'm tired.Yet strong. I stumbled upon your blog after typing frazzled and here I am. Thank you for the uplift that don't get from anyone else. I'm not married though I hope to be one day. My children have it very rough. Its been an unfair life we've lived my kids and I. They don't believe my suffering has been real. I think that they to have experienced some unseen things except they are more into the secular things blinding them from the truth. Please pray for us. We are truly indeed.I am new in my area Lilburn Georgia and I don't confide in any church members for they are yet new in my life.I appreciated the scripture for a minute I imagined Jesus speaking.Just got insight that may it is the holy spirit who is speaking.Thank you for the chuckle and smile.Hope to return I have a tency of shutting people out.Something that may come natural due to rejection. I thank you. I know healing is real.. I'm waiting on the Lord. God bless you! Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.