Sunday, September 19, 2010

While I'm Waiting

While I'm waiting for Dr. Chris' office to open, I thought it might be time for a quick post. First, I'd like to say again, "I am so glad Jeffrey is home!" We have gotten to spend some family time together which is so very nice. I am blessed to have a husband who wants to spend time with his family instead of playing golf and watching sports all the time.

Friday night we burned our brush pile. We cooked hotdogs and roasted marshmallows. What fun! We haven't done this in such a long time. The kids had a blast.
It was such a clear night that Carson enjoyed looking at the stars and naming all the planets he could see. You didn't know he was an astronomer did you?
Saturday was a busy day for us. Colin had his first (and last) tournament game. Kind of hard to win when the team walks up and down the field and plays defense the entire time. Carson had a game as well. One more to go and his soccer season will be over.

Afterwards, we enjoyed breakfast at The Hot Plate and then headed to the square for the annual antique car show. Carson had the best time and wanted to see all the motors of the cars. I got tickled about how excited he was. After a while though, he was just hot and ready to go home.

The boys went to Nannie and PawPaws while Jeffrey and I went to the hospital to visit with his uncle who has cancer (again). This time, it has hit him hard. We are praying for his healing and for strength for the family.

Sunday started out as a good day. We were up and at'em and headed to church. Carson began coughing and just started feeling terrible. I sat out in the fellowship hall with him during the worship service. We tried to eat lunch afterwards, but it wasn't a much fun. Carter was fussy and Carson was feeling well. When we got home, he slept about all afternoon and evening. When he wasn't sleeping, he was taking meds and breathing treatments. So, that is why I am waiting for Doctor Chris' office to open.

I realize that I haven't mentioned Carter much. How is he? Well, just see for yourself.




This mobile baby is just too cute! He had his 6 month check up Wednesday. He weighs 19 pounds and is army crawling and sitting up on his own. One of his favorite things to do....attack the cat!


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet family! Sounds like you've got lots going on in your world.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my place. Have a fabulous day.

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.