Saturday, May 09, 2015

Five Minute Friday (on Saturday): Meet

I get so nervous when it comes to meeting new people.  I usually don't have a lot of anxiety, but when I am with strangers....oh, I don't care for that.  I really want people to like me.  I don't want to feel left out.  Life is too full of that anyway.

I REALLY wanted to register for the first ever Five Minute Friday Retreat. I even sent the link to my husband, and he kept encouraging me to register.  I told him, "But I've never done anything like that before." And he said, "Yeah, and I never went to Afghanistan before either."  How do you argue with your Soldier who has been to war?  You don't.

So I did it. I signed up. I'm all registered and almost giddy about it.

Its a new adventure for me.  To go on a weekend getaway with a bunch of women to talk about life and writing.  Oh, it sounds so great.  I know I will meet some amazing people.

I do worry about whether or not they will like me.  Ultimately, I know it will be ok. I am going out of my comfort zone. Meeting these amazing people in a beautiful place is going to be awesome.  I can't wait.



****

Whether you are a newcomer or a regular, thank you for joining me this weekend for Five Minute Friday. Have a wonderful day!




1 comment:

  1. Visiting as your FMF neighbor. You will do fine at the retreat. Go out of your comfort zone. Savor every minute. Make new friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.