Thursday, August 01, 2013

Happy Release Day!

Today is the official release day for Sara' Horn's new book My So-Called Life as a Submissive Wife.

I am really excited for Sara and appreciate her allowing me to be a part of her My Wife Life Team to promote the book.  I was able to read and review the book. You can read my review HERE.

Some people hear the word SUBMISSION and start freaking out.  But really, I think married couples need to look deeper in to this submission thing.  It isn't about man being the controlling lord over his wife.  It is about relationship, a relationship that is in God's plan for marriage.  And isn't that what we all stood in front of our friends and family and vowed? That our marriage would reflect God's plan?

Just the other day, I was cleaning out my dresser, and I came across our wedding vows.

We gathered in the sight of God.

We promised to face the future together, accepting whatever may lie ahead.

We believed that God helped us find each other.

Scripture was quoted: Genesis 2: 18, 21-24
The Lord said it was not good for man to be alone.
He made a helper comparable to him.
A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife.
They shall become one flesh.

We both promised before God and witnesses to 
love, honor, and cherish each other
forsake others
perform all the duties owed to the other
until parted by death.

To have and to hold
from this day forward
for better or for worse
for richer or for poorer
in sickness and in health
to love and to cherish
until parted in death
according to the law of God

The bands of gold we exchanged are reminders of
purity
honesty
and 
truthfulness 
that characterize the love we pledged to each other

The candles we lit symbolized that we were
united as one

We were challenged by out pastor to be a shining light
in our families
our church
our community
our world


When I read over those words, regardless of what I feel about the word submission, I know that if I truly believe the words that we recited that special day 14 years ago, then I will be the wife I am supposed to be. If my husband believes those words, he will be the husband he is supposed to be.

It isn't about control.  It isn't about trying to "one up" the other other.  It is about living out our vows and the promises we made in front of God.  Maybe that is what submission is.  We submit to God to be who He wants us to be.

What is your take on submission in marriage?  Negative? Positive?  Would you like to read Sara's book to find out about her experience?

I am actually giving away a copy of Sara's book.  Just visit the giveaway a couple of posts down or click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.