Friday, July 22, 2016

Five Minute Friday: Help

I saw a thing on Facebook this morning that says, "Be careful who you vent to. Only a few people care and others are just curious."

Venting sometimes helps.  It makes us feel better to "get it out."  But sometimes it can make things worse.

We do a lot of things that we think will help us, but many times, those things make whatever "it" is worse.

If there is one thing I know, I know this......God is my helper.


Scripture says, "Where does my help come from? My help comes from the the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." And for those of you who are musically inclined, I sing that every time I read it or write it!

God always makes things better.

When He helps me, he doesn't always fix it the way I want him too.  Sometimes he leaves the problem alone, but he changes my heart.

God knows what's best for me, and things always work out for the best when I go to him first.  It sounds cliche, but its true: God will provide.

We just have to get out of the mindset that God will provide and help us the way we want and expect him too.  His way is so much better than mine.



Happy Friday to you!


If you are staying in today to beat the heat, head over to katemotaung.com to read more about the word HELP and join in the Five Minute Friday Fun.







4 comments:

  1. Happy Friday. Glad to be your neighbor at #FiveMinuteFriday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post rings so true. He Helps us in His perfect Will. Thanks for sharing. Your neighbor at FMF today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasha, it's hard to embrace God's ways of helping us when it looks different than we want or expect. But, you're so right, when we lose that mindset, it's amazing how much more clearly we see God's fingerprints working in multiple areas of our lives!

    Great post today!

    I'm visiting from Five Minute Friday (#6)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post.

    And vent away, because more people than you know will care. I do.

    I chose a career as a mercenary (sorry, 'security contractor') because I was tired of people calling for help, and official policy deciding to hide.

    We brought extremely kinetic solutions to the problem at hand. We were TIRED of hearing the cries of the innocent hammered down. I've stood knee deep in a mass grave. Never again, and I will bring the light of a thousand suns to prevent it.

    Vent away. Help is coming.

    #1 at FMF

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2016/07/your-dying-spouse-184-circle-of-help-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.