Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sunday

I love Sundays. 

This morning, I was up way before the alarm went off to get ready for church.  However, I had an aching in my ear and my throat was sore.  Because I felt nasty, I didn't mind not getting ready.  I decided me and the boys just wouldn't go. So I dozed back off on the couch.

Well, Colin came in the living room at 8:30 and asked, "Mama, are we going to church?"  I told him I didn't know, that I really didn't feel like it. He said, "But I really want to go."  I told him to start getting ready and I would hop in the shower (Sunday school starts at 9:00).

Well, 30 minutes later, me and my boys arrived at church.  Colin took off and Carson decided he wasn't going to his class, but to mine.

From Sunday school to the drive home was nice.

During Sunday school, Glenda reminded us that people sometimes fail us.  When they do, it is not up to us to judge them, but to pray for them.  God will take care of them. There are people I love that have failed in some way.  I know I could be bitter about it (for those instances that they failed me), but I know that wouldn't do any good.  Praying for them is what helps.  Glenda had given me a book to read a while back called How do Deal with Difficult People or something like that.  It reminded me that I can't change people, but God can change me to help me deal with them and love them.

Next week, we are celebrating Calvary's 45th Anniversary, so at the beginning of our church service, an old 8mm video was shown. It was taken during VBS a LONG TIME AGO. Colin liked seeing his daddy on there as a kid. Then the young mother who surrendered to Jesus on Mother's Day was baptized.  Oh, it would be great to see that every Sunday! 

We then had our Pink Flamingo Service.  You see, our church is very active in Relay for Life.  A simple power point was shown displaying the names of survivors and those who have lost the battle with cancer.  Then all survivors were recognized before our church.  This was a very emotional part of our service.  Two very dear members have recently lost their battle with cancer.  Many of those that are survivors are still battling the disease.  This Friday night will be our local Relay for Life event.  If you are not active in Relay, I suggest you somehow become active.  It is life changing.  We look forward to walking the track with our family and friends Friday night and just celebrating life.

After church, it was misting rain.  Oh, it was so refreshing, I think God planned it that way since we had such an emotional service.

Tonight the children will be putting on their puppet show entitled The History of the World in a Few Minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.