Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What Is God's Plan For Me?

I asked my VBS kids the question kids are always asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" It is an age old question and answers range from practical to outrageous. Today the kids answered: vet, animal rescuer, artist, professional football player, professional dancer, and pediatric nurse. No too bad if you ask me.

I told them the story of when I started kindergarten, a reporter from the Franklin Favorite came to my class to ask us what we wanted to be when we grew up. My response was published in the issue as, "Natasha says she wants to work at McDonald's."

The next year, though, I began my life long dream of wanting to be a teacher. The older I got, that dream continued, but I added to it the plan of getting married and have 3 kids: 2 boys and 1 girl.

Well, evidently, I was wanting the same things as God wanted (except I still don't have that little girl, but that is ok; I probably wouldn't know what to do with a girl at this point!). God, however, had other things planned for me that I didn't know about. I would never have thought I would be as active as I am in my church. I love it, being able to reach out to others for the Lord. I would have never thought I would be a deacon's wife. What an awesome responsibility! And now to be the wife of an Army Chaplain?!? It is unbelievable to see how God is working in our lives.

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you" - this is the Lord's declaration - "plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Isn't it wonderful that God has planned our lives? Not only planned them, but planned them for good. He doesn't want to bring us pain and leave us without hope.

Part of God's plan for us all is for us to have a relationship with Him. After visiting Zacchaeus, Jesus said in Luke 19:10, "for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save the lost." God has planned for all of us to be saved. But we have to realize it is our choice. When we don't choose Him, God cannot carry out His plans for us. We must open our hearts to Him and surrender our lives to Him.

Have you done that? Are you allowing God to carry out His plans for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.