Thursday, April 03, 2014

So much to do, so little time


 


One of my greatest treasures is being a mom.  How painful! How heart-wrenching! How wonderful!  I love my life as a mom.  It is the hardest job ever. There are days I wonder how these children can possibly be mine; they are simply to stubborn for words. They fight and kick and scream and tattle and instigate.  Boys will be boys I guess.  Some days I feel like I am at my wits end because they will not listen, they expect toys and dirty clothes and trash and shoes and food to be cleaned up themselves, or mom the maid will do it!

Then there are days (many times found in those crazy days) that I wonder how I deserved to be so blessed with these children.  My children.

There are the hugs I get every morning.  Sometimes it is that "hold me close" hug that just wants to cuddle. Sometimes its that quick "head on hip, pat on back, outta my way" hug.  Regardless, it is a hug from a precious child that is glad to see his mama first thing in the morning.

There are those kisses. Sweet boy (sometimes sweaty, stinky, and sticky) kisses.  Colin on the cheek. Carson on the cheek (the kids has kissed me 10 times in his whole life - no joke). Carter full blown on the lips, sometimes on the eye, cheek, nose or wherever he has the desire to plant one.  But kisses from my boys.

There are those shrills of laughter, giggles galore, one of the greatest sounds in the world.  Laughter brought on by Spongebob and America's Funniest Home Videos, Minecraft shenanigans, and the stinky toots from across the room.

There are the silly jokes, "Hey, Buddy! You wanna race?"  that make no sense at all, but just the way it sounds cracks you up.  There are the holy moments of saying grace at meal time only to have your toddler sing it like he is straight up Full Gospel. Not sure where he got that. Us Southern Baptist just don't do that sort of thing!

There is the catch phrase of a child that lasts years. The memories made while on vacation and the park or at Chuck E. Cheese's.

There are the tears and the boogers and the blood and the vomit and the poop and the "only mama will do moments."

There is the cuddling, the sharing of the last cupcake, the hand holding, the bath time messes, the tickling, the praying, the singing in the car, the five more minutes at bedtime to spend with a child.

There is so much to do with these little people that God has given me.  There is little time to do it. There is no time to waste.

Instead of wasting my day working on laundry piles that will NEVER go away, I am going to build memories. I am going to create memories that me and my children will hold on to for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.