Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 79 - Salvation's Song

I love to sing. I'm just not any good. My favorite songs are full of emotion. There is nothing like singing out to God, lip quivering, tears falling, expressing thanksgiving for all he has done.

Seven years ago, a lost soul was saved. My heart cried out to God. He  wrapped his loving arms around me. He forgave me of my wretchedness. He guides me daily.  Owe what I owe him!

When people do something nice, we are thankful and feel the need to repay the act of kindness. We don't want their deed to go unnoticed. It might hurt their feelings.

Think about what all God has done for you. 

I look at my own life. I never thought I would be as blessed as I am today.  I am healthy, I have a home, a job, a precious family. So many other blessings as well, but most importantly.....

God saved my soul from eternal Hell.  

How do you repay that?

You can't. I can't.

We must simply devote our lives to Jesus Christ, just as in Psalm 116.  Our lives must be full of service to him.  Our lives should be a living testimony to what God has done for us. There is no better way to live.

The Lord offered me the cup of salvation. 

I accepted it.

I owe him my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.