Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Frazzled Female Week 3

Week 3? Really?  I can't believe it! This is the halfway point of our study!

This week's study was entitled "I Don't Have Enough Time!"

Have you ever said that?  I think we all have.

One of the big things that I came away with was that I need to focus on God.  I was reminded of that this morning at church when we looked at Matthew 22: 37 when Jesus commanded, "You shall love the Lord your God with all of your heart, with all of your soul, and with all of your mind."

"What's that got to do with time?" you ask.

If I love God the way I am supposed to, if He is truly the center of my life, then I will be passionate about Him.  His thoughts will become my thoughts. His ways shall become my ways.  My mind will be occupied by Him.  If I do that, then I will know what things I'm involved in that I shouldn't be.  I will know when to say no, where to draw the line with extra activities.  I will be able to manage my time in a way that brings honor and glory to Him.

Our priorities should be:
1. God
2. Family (spouse then children)
3. Work

If I get my priorities out of whack, them my relationships will suffer. 

Satan is good in the fact that he takes our "I don't have enough time" excuse and uses it to break us.  He makes us believe that we don't have time for Bible study and prayer.  When we think this way, we are pulled away from God.  The other areas in our life begin to suffer.  But in all honesty, we should not have to make time for God.  It should not be an option.  Everything else can wait.  The laundry will always be there (trust me).  The toys will be gotten back out right after they are put away (trust me). We need to focus on storing our treasures in heaven.  We need to read our Bibles. We need to pray without ceasing. We need to worship God throughout our day.  Busy or not, God must be first in our lives

When we put Him first, God will bless us in the other areas of our lives.  He will help us become the mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, friends, and even housekeepers we are supposed to be.  When we have a passion for Christ, to become and remain intimate with Him, we can't lose! 

Matthew 6:33-34 says, "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about its own things."

This week, I encourage you to seek God's will. Study His Word. Talk to Him. Listen to Him.  Put Him first.  If you do, He promises to bless you in unimaginable ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.