Saturday, December 05, 2015

Is It Really God's Job to Fix It?

With all the terror going on in the world, our country, our state, our cities, our homes.....We wonder where God is in all this.  The latest headlines read.....


But my question is this

Is it really God's job to fix it?

We treat God like a magic genie.

We stuff him back into the lamp until we want something.  Then, we rub the lamp expecting him to appear and grant our wishes.

I'm not a genius, but I know that's not the way it is supposed to work.

As I am reading my daily advent readings, I am reminded all the more that God created us out of love, His love for us.  And part of that love is to have a relationship with us.  Yes!  God wants us. He wants us to spend time with Him.  He wants to be a part of our lives....in the good and the bad.

But we are fallen and we only want Him in the bad.

It's in the bad that we pray for others.

It's in the bad that we seek Him to fix what's wrong.

It's in the bad we wonder where He is and why He isn't doing anything to make things better.

But after reading headlines and online posts about why God isn't doing anything, I am a reminded that He did do something....


God sent Christ.

And us.

And if we are in Christ and we are choosing to live our lives for Him, then we have the power to fix this to the best of our humanly abilities.

Another headline I read was this, displayed in my kitchen window....


And for me, this is the answer.

We must fear Him.

And we don't.

As a nation, we don't fear God.  And that's not to fear Him as in be scared to death of Him, which maybe we really need to be. But it is fear as in respect and acknowledge Him for who He is and what He can do.

Why should he show mercy to us?

We want to throw Him away.  Stick Him in a corner.  Rid our lives and homes of Him.  We want to pick and choose from the Bible what we should believe (if we choose to believe the Bible).  We want to justify and cry out "free choice" and "don't judge" and "it's my life" and then we wonder where things went wrong.

So why should He fix anything?

As a nation, if we really want to leave in peace, we must fear Him.

As a world, if we want this terror to stop, every heart and soul on this planet must choose to live for Him each and every day.

Until then, this..."this".....this pain and horror and terror won't end until Jesus returns.

But if we want things to get better until then, if we want to live in peace, we have to live for Jesus.  All of us. Not just my family. Not just my city. Not just my state. Not just my country. Not just my continent. But my whole world.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.