Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wife to Wife Wednesdays (on Sunday): Books

I love to read. LOVE LOVE LOVE to read. I guess it is a good thing I am a reading teacher!  One of my favorite books right now is titled Something to Sing About.  It is a youth novel.  Our school librarian introduced me to the book, and I was hooked. I am currently reading it to my two reading classes.

In this story, Jamie Jo Morgan is having some issues with God.  Because of how her mama has been treated, she has some questions for the Lord like how He can love the mean girls as much as He loves her.  Oh, and bees. Don't get Jamie Jo started on bees. She is scared to death of them because she watched My Girl. However, it is her brother Pate that has a near death experience with bees.  When Jamie Jo's mama is "fired" from the church choir and decides to give church a rest, she prays that God will make everything the way it used to be.  Sometimes, the way it used to be isn't that great, and God's plans are so much better.

Are you interested?  Although this is a children's book, adults should read it as well. Author C.C. Payne (from my home state, oh and the story's setting is my hometown!) does an excellent job in showing how God works through what we might call the end of the world.  She shows how families can be broken and grow back together even stronger as long as they remain faithful to God.

If you read this book, please let me know what you think.  A couple of years ago, I did a book club with it with the kids at church. They loved it.

So what about you? Do you have a favorite book?  You can join in here or over at Wives of Faith.  We'd love to hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.