Sunday, September 16, 2012

There is a lot I haven't said

Lack of posts doesn't mean a lack of topics to talk about.  There is a lot I could say, but I have to have time to sit down and say it. 

I've been contacted by a few companies who would like for me to "endorse them."  However, I've had to decline.  I don't have the time right now to research them and give my all to them and you.  For me, right now, the book reviews are the most I can do.  Sometimes that is still not enough it seems. 

Speaking of book reviews, I will be giving away some of the books that I have reviewed.  That will be coming soon.  My bookshelves overfloweth.  I'd like for yours to do the same.  I am reading a really good book right now.  Can't wait to share it with you. 

My family is well...well, sort of. Carter had a stomach virus Labor Day weekend and has been breaking out in hives off and on since then.  At first, we thought it was an allergic reaction to the polyurethane on the floors, but he started breaking out away from the house as well. 

We visited the doctor, but didn't find out anything. He was not a happy camper as we waited.  We are thinking the hives were caused by his baby wash. I swear (not really) that we have used that wash before.  Needless to say, we keep the Benadryl close by.

Allergies have struck Colin and Carson.  We were afraid they would have to miss our annual Homecoming Parade.Tractors, fire trucks, football players, marching band, cheerleaders, screaming kids....


I told Jeff that I know we are blessed to live in a small community where we can take part in this tradition every year. At first, I was peeved that candy was not going to be thrown because the car show was the following day, but man was it nice not to have to hold kids back from running in the street. I actually got to enjoy the parade!

Speaking of football, Kathleen, the Hilltoppers redeemed themselves....


We are piecing our house back together. Everyone is back in their own rooms, and we finally have our new couch!  We went from having 3 rooms in the living room and dining room

to having a living room to live in again

I've realized this week that we have been quite busy in our down time.  Things will soon be picking up. Carson has signed up for Cub Scouts.  Colin made the school chorus. Robotics starts this week (meet the new coach!)  He also tries out for academic team this week.  Soon we will be signing up for Super Saturdays at WKU.  Carson will be able to attend this year.  Our Army life is at a crossroads right now. Not quite sure where God is leading us at this point. Just waiting on the Army to decide. 

Thanks for checking in on me.  I think this is a great community. I enjoy those of you I've met through this blogging thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.