Thursday, May 26, 2011

They are AWESOME!

I love being a teacher. Sure there are moments when I am in total need of adult conversation and times I don't wish to hear my name for the rest of the day, but I do LOVE being a teacher.

Why?

Moments like this....

Our school has a Battle of the Books competition each year. The students are asked to read books from a "battle list" to compete. This year my class made it to the championship. During the middle of the battle, my class gave an incorrect answer. No one noticed. However, when they realized what they had done, they immediately told the librarian. The two points were taken away and the other team was able to give the correct answer. Telling the truth could have cost them the match!

What a proud moment it was to see my team stand up for what was right.

They were the only ones who knew they had made a mistake.
They knew the two points could cost them the match.
They showed integrity.

As adults, we don't always show integrity. We don't always stand up for what is right. I am thankful for the lesson my students taught me.


And yes, they won the championship!


3 comments:

  1. Awe...that is so cute. Congrats on the win! You must be an AWESOME teacher:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome and have an awesome teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll are too nice. I was blessed with some great kids this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope in some way I have blessed you. I look forward to reading your comment. I may not always get the chance to respond, but I do read every comment.